RE: st: trouble using _n-1

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: trouble using _n-1
Date   Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:19:43 -0000

Joao doesn't mean what he says. _N-1 is the subscript of the next to
last observation in a group. _n-1 is the subscript of the previous

I doubt that, even if corrected for this typo, this is what Joseph
wants. It just checks whether the previous value was the same or
different. Joseph wants to measure reliability, a different though
tangentially related story.

Joao Ricardo F. Lima

I think that this can do the trick:

by idcode: assert var1-var1[_N-1]==0