Re: st: Bivariate density contours

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: Bivariate density contours
Date   Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:08:19 -0600

subscribe to r-help list then, as well :)). The quality of
communication is generally better at statalist though.

I believe there are at least two, maybe three packages in R that do
this. I've used contour() which is a little idiosyncratic in the
inputs (it insists on using a rectangular grid). If you need a density
plot based on random points in the domain, then you'd be using kde()
from package ks (kernel smoothing). I've never tried that though.

On 11/25/08, nigussie Tefera <> wrote:
> Many thanks, let me switch to R and see wether it works for me. I will back to you if I fail to do so
>  Nigussie

Stas Kolenikov, also found at