st: Re: re: marginal effects after ivtobit

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: re: marginal effects after ivtobit
Date   Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:12:50 +0100

"The -dtobit- (user-written) and -dprobit- (official) commands are deprecated... "

Kit, maybe I misunderstand the word "deprecated", but are you implying that users should not use the official -dprobit-? I cannot find anything in its help file that would discourage its use. In the case of the user-written -dtobit-, the author has not yet withdrawn the command, which is a different story...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kit Baum" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 1:03 PM
Subject: st: re: marginal effects after ivtobit

< >
Rike said

for the tobit command, there seems to be a code available "dtobit"
that calculates marginal effects in stata. I'm wondering if there is a
comparable command for ivtobit available.

The -dtobit- (user-written) and -dprobit- (official) commands are deprecated in favor of the standard post-estimation suite, which includes -mfx- for practically all estimation commands. If you -help ivtobit postestimation- you will see that -mfx-, -predict-, - predictnl- are all available.