Re: st: reading txt-file without end-of-line delimiter and uneven record length

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: reading txt-file without end-of-line delimiter and uneven record length
Date   Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:17:29 -0500

1) open the file in a text editor, remove the extra 6 bytes, import
with constant record length, restore the removed 6 bytes manually

2) use binary read/write commands, read byte by byte in a double-loop
(1 by records 1..101, second by characters 1..record_length)

How do you know that it is the first record that is longer, not, say, 25th?

Regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin