st: RE: -graph twoway- and x-axis positioning

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: -graph twoway- and x-axis positioning
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:11:42 -0000

Do you mean you want ticks and x-axis labels superimposed within the
data region? I'd refuse to play, regardless of whether it can be done.

Stephen P. Jenkins

An Excel-using colleague has asked me how to have the x-axis of a
twoway plot go through zero (or some other number) on the y-axis.

	sysuse auto
	ge y = price - 5000
	* x-axis below all values (default)
	scatter y mpg
	* line through zero; axis labelling and ticks below
	scatter y mpg, yline(0) xscale(noline)
	* ? how to force x-axis through zero ?
I've looked through the [G] manual, and searched the Statalist
archive, but have not yet been able to discover how to do this.  (It's
not necessarily aesthetically desirable, I know, but I have been
presented with the 'challenge'.)