st: GEE and likelihood ratio test

From   Raoul Reulen <>
To   <>
Subject   st: GEE and likelihood ratio test
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:51:55 +0000

Hello All,
I'm running a logistic regression model with a GEE modification. I understand that I cannot use a likelihood ratio test to test whether there is heterogeneity accross the odds ratios. What is the alternative? A wald test using .testparm? Would this give me the p-value for test for heterogeneity?
.xi: xtlogit status i.covar1  , pa corr(exch) i(id) robust eform
.testparm _Icovar*
Raoul Reulen
Cancer Research UK Graduate Training Fellow
Centre for Childhood Cancer Survivor Studies
Department of Public Health & Epidemiology
University of Birmingham
B15 2TT
tel.: +44 (0)121 414 4946
fax.: +44 (0)121 414 7923