st: One to N matching

From   "Gao Liu" <>
Subject   st: One to N matching
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:03:35 -0500

Dear Statlist:

I have a question about one to N matching.

I have a dataset containing three variables: id, score, case, where
case is a dummy variable indicating whether or not the observation is
in the case group. How can I match each case observation to N non-case
observation based on the score?  Each case observation matches to the
N non-case observations with the closest scores, but no case
observation can match the same observation (i.e. the non-case
observation can be used only one time).

Thank you