st: dtobit at observed censoring rate

From   "Renzo" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: dtobit at observed censoring rate
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:58:23 +0100

Dear Statalister,

I have a question on -dtobit- which I've seen it was already asked but nobody answered. I can't understand what exactly calculate -dtobit- with the option -censor-. Is it a particular form of the -at(matname)- option where values are those of the uncensored sample or not? I guess it must be a different stuff because if I ask for marginal effects at the means of IV for the uncesored sample I do not get the same results as with the -censor- option. Could anybody tell me what is the actual meaning of this option?

Renzo Carriero
Dipartimento di Scienze Sociali
Università degli Studi di Torino
via S. Ottavio 50, 10141 Torino