RE: st: Writing graphs to the log file

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Writing graphs to the log file
Date   Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:38:25 -0000

I don't recall any bug or problem report from Neil about -log2html-. (I
am one of the authors.) But -log2html- has precisely one aim: to convert
Stata SMCL files to HTML. If you want it to understand HTML written
within your logs, then it will do so only by accident, not on purpose.

Neil Shephard

sdm1 wrote:
> How do I write graphs to the log or smcl file?
As others have pointed out you don't, not directly at least.

However, if you know a little html you can hack things together using
-log2html- to convert your smcl log-file to html and include the saved
graphs (exported as png) in-line with the rest of your log.

I remember doing this in the past, but for some reason also remember
having some problems with -log2html- parsing html written in a do-file
(and hence echoed in the smcl log), but I'm quite busy today so don't
have time to check this out.

For more info on -log2html- see -ssc desc log2html-