RE: st: A rose by any other name?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: A rose by any other name?
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:48:39 -0000

Thanks to Al and Jeph for the gamma reminders. I was thinking more of a
curve to relate variables, as I should have explained more clearly.

Jeph Herrin

Looks like a gamma distribution g(x,alpha,beta) with alpha=2?
Ie, in Stata

  . gen y = (a/sqrt(b))*gammaden(2,sqrt(b),0,x)

Which doesn't quite answer your question but might lead to
further insights by others.