st: Dirifit help

From   "Murali Kuchibhotla" <>
Subject   st: Dirifit help
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:02:59 -0600 (CST)

      I am interested in fitting a model where there are 3 dependent variables
for each observation (essentially proportions of time spent in various
activities), which must cumulative to 1 across these activities. I believe that
dirifit is the right model for this purpose. What I would like is some help in
locating materials that describe the statistical theory behind this estimation.
Also, is there a article out there(maybe in the Stata Journal??) that describes
the dirifit module in detail? Thanks.

Murali Kuchibhotla