st: RE: Running do files from other folders?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Running do files from other folders?
Date   Thu, 6 Nov 2008 23:22:29 +0100

Perfectly possible: Just specify

do "C:\Users\Martin\Desktop\"

and possibly append arguments after the closing quotation mark...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Ploutz-Snyder,
Robert (JSC-SK)[USRA]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:05 PM
Subject: st: Running do files from other folders?

Newbie question:

Is it possible to run do files that is located in a different directory
from which you are working?

For example, if I am working in a folder called
D:\StataData\ThisProject, and I want to call a do file from a different
folder, like say D:\StataData\ThatProject, is this possible?

I have similar needs for calling do files in main directories from
within sub-directories.  I'd like to save all of my various do files in
a primary folder (D:\StatData ) but then have the ability to call them
from any other sub-directory..or possibly from folders on different
drives or otherwise NOT within the parent directory.

Seems like you should be able to do something like:

Run D:\BlahBlahDirectory\NiftyDoFile Arg1 Arg2 Arg3