Re: st: xtnbreg and stepwise regression

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: xtnbreg and stepwise regression
Date   Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:04:59 +0000 (GMT)

--- Feng Yan <> wrote:
> I am using the Negative Binomial Regression on the Panel data with
> the fixed effects. There are 22 variables in my model. Was trying to
> do a stepwise regression in order to keep the most significant
> variables but failed.

You already received some answers from Martin and Alan. I will only add
that you should be happy that you can't use stepwise, because stepwise
is evil (a list of more reasonable arguments against stepwise can be
found here: )

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam