st: RE: Addendum to Negative Binomial Regression

Subject   st: RE: Addendum to Negative Binomial Regression
Date   Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:52:07 EST

For those who purchased, or otherwise obtained, my text, Negative Binomial
Regression (2007, Cambridge University Press), I have written a 21 page
addendum  that provides more specifics concerning the meaning and interpretation of
risk  and risk ratio than is currently discussed in the text. In addition, I
provide  details about constructing and interpreting several types of
interaction terms  for count models; e.g., Binary X Binary, Binary X Continuous, and
Categorical X  Continuous. These seem to me to be the most common types of
interactions used in  research. The addendum is intended to be a summary-type guide
for understanding  these specific topics, and should be thought of as an
extension to the  discussion presented in the text.
The addendum can be downloaded at
( . I wrote it  initially for my current course
on Modeling Count Data, but  thought that it should be made available to
anyone who has the text.
Joseph Hilbe
Holiday needs. Search Now.