RE: st: RE: upgrading to v10: do-file won't load

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: upgrading to v10: do-file won't load
Date   Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:39:12 -0000

Does it define a program? i.e. are there lines embedded within that go

program <whatever>

program define <whatever>

Michael McCulloch

Thanks Sergiy. Stata says nothing; the problem, specifically is that
when I attempt to open the do-file, v10 Stata (fully updated) crashes
(stops running, freezes, won't respond...) There are 3466 lines, so
perhaps even approaching the limit of 3500 lines which you cite is
the problem?