R: st: Kruskal-Wallis equivalent for survey data with pweight

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: Kruskal-Wallis equivalent for survey data with pweight
Date   Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:10:18 +0100

Dear Aca,
assuming that you are interested in whether the means of the groups differ
rather than in difference in location of the distributions by group, why
don't perform bootstrap ANOVA test to allow for the skewed distribution of
the triglyceride level?

Kind Regards,
Carlo

PS As far as log transformation is concerned, the following reference may be
helpful: Manning WG, Mullahy J. ESTIMATING LOG MODELS: TO TRANSFORM OR NOT
TO TRANSFORM? NBER Technical Working Paper 246.
http://www.nber.org/papers/T0246
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Aca N.T.
Inviato: sabato 1 novembre 2008 12.12
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: Re: st: Kruskal-Wallis equivalent for survey data with pweight

Thanks Maarten & Steven, I have to change the analyses for LOS.
However, I've picked a wrong example here since I have some other
skewed variables for which KW test remains appropriate I think (eg.
triglyceride level). Can you suggest how to perform the analysis using
Stata?

Thanks in advance.
Aca