Re: st: Syntax Error in forvalues loop

From   "Tim Wade" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Syntax Error in forvalues loop
Date   Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:51:43 -0500

Michelle, maybe a different approach, something like this,  will work.
Basically create a set of temporary variables equal to the original
set of variables which you recode to 1 and 0 for each race category,
sum them up, and drop them then do it again for the next race
category.

forvalues i=1/[number of race categories] {
  forvalues j=1/28 {
       gen temp`j'=sprace`j'
          }
   forvalues k=1/28{