RE: st: Could not find feasible values(was: Syntax problems with maximum likelihood (method lf))

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Could not find feasible values(was: Syntax problems with maximum likelihood (method lf))
Date   Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:48:54 -0500

Katia -

One way is in your the calling program (i.e. the one that has the
"model" statement), set a global macro to zero.
global COUNT = 0

Then in your likelihood program, inert a statement such as
global COUNT = $COUNT + 1

Then create some temporary variables that contain information about your
likelihood. Here is an example that stops after 5 calls:

The line "xxxxxx" is there to make execution stop at exactly that point,
since this will cause an error.

program define flare
version 9.0

args lnf lnK lnsig t0

tempvar    K sig Z1 Z2 la
qui gen double `K' = exp(`lnK')
qui gen double `sig' = exp(`lnsig')
qui gen double `Z2' = (t2 - `t0')/`sig'
qui gen double `Z1' = (t1 - `t0')/`sig'
qui gen double `la' = `K'*(norm(`Z2')-norm(`Z1'))
qui replace `lnf' = -`la'+$ML_y1*log(`la')-lngamma($ML_y1+1)

global COUNT = $COUNT+1
if $COUNT==5 {
cap drop temp*
gen tempk=`K'