st: Re: testing for heteroskedasticity

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   "Alessandro Giambattista" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: testing for heteroskedasticity
Date   Thu, 30 Oct 2008 06:02:45 -0400

Don't bother. Do the Breusch-Pagan test (estat hettest in official Stata) using the single variable on which you would divide the data into subsamples (e.g., firm size) in its varlist. The G-Q test is outdated and has very low power relative to the B-P test, as many textbooks will tell you.

Kit

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html