st: RE: 64-bit Windows OS advice

Subject   st: RE: 64-bit Windows OS advice
Date   Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:16:01 +0100

I have been using 64-bit Windows Vista for a couple of months and have been
pleasantly surprised how stable it really is. In particular, 32-bit apps run
without any kind of problem. In fact, the only 64-bit app on my computer is
Stata.

During installation, 64-bit would not accept more than 2G of RAM for
whatever reason. The issue was described on the MS website. So I had to
remove 2G of RAM physically, let Windows install and put the RAM back in.