st: examples propensity score matching

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <>
Subject   st: examples propensity score matching
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:08:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Stata users,

A very basic question. I want to take a look at how to do a propensity score matching in stata (commands psmatch2, pscore, I think).

I have two cross sectional surveys (t1, t2)  where I observe treatment and control individuals in the second period but I cant know the conterfactual in t1. I want to use propensity score matching to indivudals in t2 to individuals in t1 based on some observable characteristics.

I have technical readings and literature but I would like to know the how to in Stata. how the data should look? should I pool individuals for both cross-sections?