Re: st: xi yearly dummies

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: xi yearly dummies
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:17:52 +0000 (GMT)

--- Chiara Mussida <> wrote:
> I know that the term homogeneous could be ambiguous. But on the othe
> other hand, it is difficult to find a way of expressing and testing
> the overall concept. Anyway, I will state that my test is a simple
> equality test. But I will try with the interaction between my
> covariates and time to better verify the behaviour of my
> probabilities.

In terms of writing up your paper it can help to distinguish between
the theoretical concept, which can be a bit fuzzy, and the
operationalization, which has to be exact. In your case you have a
theoretical concept homegenous over time, and you operationalized it in
two ways: 1) no interactions and no main effects of time, and 2) no
main effects of time.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam