st: RE: re: problem using predictnl after obtaining non-linear estimates

From   Lopa Chakraborti <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: re: problem using predictnl after obtaining non-linear estimates
Date   Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:08:36 -0400

Upon inserting the @ symbol it gives me a error message:

nl wqfinalnoseasonfinal3 @ downstreamwaterqualityfoia04, nparameters(90)
@ invalid name
r(198);

Is it because I work with Stata 8.2 version?
thanks much for your advise
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kit Baum [[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: re: problem using predictnl after obtaining non-linear estimates

< >
The help for -nl- function evaluator programs states that

    * For function evaluator program version, you must specify
parameters(namelist) or nparameters(#), or both.

You have not done that. I am surprised that Stata does not generate a
syntax error.

Furthermore the invocation of -nl- should be

nl wqfinalnoseasonfinal2 @ downstreamwaterqualityfoia04  etc.

The at sign (@) is not optional.

If you specify parameters() or nparameters() properly, then -nl- (like
any estimation command) should return e(b) and e(V), which are needed
by -predictnl-.

See what happens when you follow the syntax specified in -help nl-.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html