Re: st: Save results from the simulation

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Save results from the simulation
Date   Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:56:47 +0000 (GMT)

test a b
return scalar chi20 = r(chi2)

test a=b
return scalar chi2equal = r(chi2)

For more see the example in -help simulate- and -help return-, also see
my presentation at the last Summer North American Stata Users' meeting:
http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/nsug08/14.html (in the zip-file there is a
readme.txt explaining how to use Stata to view that presentation).

Hope this helps,
Maarten

--- "Supnithadnaporn, Anupit" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am testing a simple simulation before using it with the real data.
> In the program, there are some results that I would like to save.
> Would anybody please give me some suggestions of how to do this,
> especially when there are 2 values of chi2.
>
> Thank you,
> Anupit
>

> -----Results needed to save-----
> test a b
> - chi2(  1)
> - Prob > chi2
>
> test a=b
> - chi2(  1)
> - Prob > chi2
>
> mfx c
> - dy/dx
> - Std. Err.
> - x
>
> -----Program simlogit-----
>
> program define simlogit, rclass
> 	version 9.2
> 	gen a = k*invnorm(uniform())+ m
> 	gen b = j*invnorm(uniform())+ n
> 	logit y a b
> 	test a b
> 	test a=b
> 	mfx c
> 	drop a b
> end
>
> simulate _b _se, reps(10) saving(simlogit1.dta, replace): simlogit,
> obs(100)

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081