Re: st: problem using predictnl after obtaining non-linear estimates

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problem using predictnl after obtaining non-linear estimates
Date   Sat, 25 Oct 2008 22:34:08 +0100 (BST)

--- Lopa Chakraborti <[email protected]> wrote:
> I wrote a simple non-linear least squares program. Using the
> estimates I am trying to find confidence intervals etc. for one of
> the components of the equation. The error message I keep getting is:
> "Warning: prediction doesn't vary with respect to e(b)." and it
> calculates the predicted value but does not generate standard errors
> etc.

Imagine that you are someone who wants to answer your question, and all
the information you have is information you have just given us. In
order to diagnose the problem you would obviously need to know exactly
what you typed, otherwise all you can say is: "you did something wrong,
but as you didn't tell us what you did, we can't tell you what it is
that you did wrong", which would obviously be exceptionally unhelpful.

So tell us _exactly_ what you did, that is, give us the code you used.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081