st: geographically weighted regression

From   Helen Rosenkrantz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: geographically weighted regression
Date   Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:12:00 -0400

Greetings STATA gurus!
I am running a geographically weighted regression model in Stata with 3,019 observations and 5 variables. I am wondering if anyone might be able to help me since I have found little guidance available online regarding gwr in stata (aside from some information provided by the program creator and help function). It has been processing for over 24 hours and seems to be updating an output dataset called "st_0_0_1". Included in this mystery dataset are numbers for the 5 vars and the constant.

Here is my syntax: gwr  depvar indvars,east( xcoo) north( ycoo) reps(1000) test saving(eb_gwr) outfile(eb_gwr) mcsave(mc_eb)

Has anyone had success in using Stata for GWR?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you