Re: st: re:r(601) "server says file temporarily redirected to [URL]"

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re:r(601) "server says file temporarily redirected to [URL]"
Date   Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:00:08 -0400

Dear Kit,

thank you, -wget- worked fine. I tried -telnet- before, but it was not
redirecting either.
I agree to the security provisions, but if the URL2 were accessible
for programmers, then I could decide within my program whether to
follow it or not. Since Stata currently extracts that new URL from the
server's response, I believe there is not too much cost of saving it
to an r() value. Relying on an external utility for this purpose
limits portability of the resulting .do file, and adds to testing,
maintanence and deployment headaches.

Thank you,
    Sergiy Radyakin