st: hypothesis testing after asclogit

From   "Murali Kuchibhotla" <>
Subject   st: hypothesis testing after asclogit
Date   Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:07:20 -0500 (CDT)

      I am  fitting a alternative-specific conditional logit model(asclogit in
Stata) for training choice, with 3 alternatives for training .After estimation,
I am interested in testing the hypothesis that the coefficient estimates are the
same across the different training categories. For example, with years of
education entering as a case specific independent variable, I want to test the
following hypothesis:

     education coefficient[alternative 1]=education coefficient[alternative 2]

How do I accomplish this?

Also, is there a way to test the above hypothesis jointly for all the case
specific independent variables together? Many thanks.

Murali Kuchibhotla