st: Any way to impose a memory limit?

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Any way to impose a memory limit?
Date   Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:18:33 -0400

Dear All,

  I have 2 questions regarding configuring Stata to run on a remote
server (Win64):

  Q1.  is there any way an administrator can impose an upper limit on
the memory (X) that Stata can allocate with -set mem X- (ideally for
each specific user)?

  Q2: is there any way to limit the number of simultaneously running
Statas (number of sessions)?

  Restricting seems to be so much easier than creating, so it's
surprising that I don't see any solution to the above questions.

Thank you, Sergiy Radyakin.