Re: st: endogenous interaction term

From   Gordon Gordon <>
Subject   Re: st: endogenous interaction term
Date   Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks a lot Austin!

However in my case, the endogenous variable X1 is a dummy variable, and my first stage regression is a probit model, then I plug the Inverse Mills Ratio to the second stage regression. It is not clear to me how to use the typical IV approach in this setting.  Could you advice?

----- Original Message ----
From: Austin Nichols <>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 3:59:08 PM
Subject: Re: st: endogenous interaction term

Gordon <>:
See e.g.
With multiple instruments and multiple endog vars, you may want to use
LIML so -ivreg2- will give you a little more room to pass the weak ID
tests of Stock and Yogo (see the help file for -ivreg2-, on SSC) since
LIML is slightly more robust to multiple weak instruments.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Gordon Gordon <> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I would like to estimate the following equation:
> Y = b0+ b1*X1 +b2* X2 + b3*X1*X2
> X1 is a dummy variable and endogenous, X2 is exogenous and normalized.
> If there are no interaction term, I can apply either IV or Heckman two stage to correct the endogeneity of X1.
> However with the interaction term of X1*X2, I do not know how to deal with it.
> Any advice is much appreciated!
> Gordon
*  For searches and help try: