Re: st: uninstall ado package

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: uninstall ado package
Date   Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:31:13 +0200

I don't think that -ado- or -net- support anything like this. The only
possibility (other than StataCorp changing -ado- and -net-) is to
provide your own versions of -ado- and -net- such as

prog mynet
    gettoken subcmd 0 : 0
    net `subcmd' `0'
    if `"`subcmd'"'==substr("install",1,max(3,strlen(`"`subcmd'"'))) {
        gettoken pkgname : 0
        capture `pkgname'_on.ado
    }
end

The program for -ado- would be slightly more complicated because the
input can also be a package id. There will also be other details to
take care of such as the -from()- option in ado.

An issue is that -net- and -ado- are totally silent (i.e. they do not
return any results) which makes it difficult to deal with them.

Maybe a look at the code of -adolist- will be helpful (-ssc d adolist-).

ben