st: Problem with odbc load and long path name

From   "Christian Meyer" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Problem with odbc load and long path name
Date   Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:22:22 +0200

Hallo all,

I like to import data from an MSAccess database to process these data with
stata/MP 10.0 for windows. I used the following command which did not work
(error message ?dsn() requiredr(198)?) :
global server "W:\alle\Projekte\EARLINT\EARLINT_
odbc load, dialog(complete)dsn("Microsoft

Everything was fine if I use a shorter path with the same number of
subdirectories or if I open a stata file with ?use
"$server\T0_Patienten.dta" ,clear?. Removing the blank in the path did not
change anything.

Any comment is very welcome!

Many thanks for your help,