Re: st: Re: IV estimation and AR errors

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: IV estimation and AR errors
Date   Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:14:35 +1100

Many thanks for this.  Appreciate the help.

Gaurav
 Gaurav Datt
 Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Unit
 East Asia and the Pacific Region
 World Bank, Level 19, 14 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
' + 61 2 9235 6533    7 + 61 9223 9903   * [email protected]

             Kit Baum
             <[email protected]>
             Sent by:                                                        To
             owner-statalist@hsp         [email protected]
             hsun2.harvard.edu                                               cc

                                                                        Subject
             10/18/2008 12:32 AM         st: Re: IV estimation and AR errors

              Please respond to
             statalist@hsphsun2.
                 harvard.edu

< >
Rather than explicitly estimating the AR structure of the errors
(which is difficult in any case beyond AR(1)), use a HAC
(heteroskedasticity- and autocorrelation-consistent) estimator, a la
"Newey-West". You can do this with -ivreg2- (from SSC) or -ivregress-.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html