Re: st: re: syntax

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: syntax
Date   Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:37:44 -0500

Right, but I wanted

syntax varname1 varname2 [if] [in] [, noconstant]

so I typed

syntax varlist(min=2 max=2 numeric) [if] [in] [, noconstant]
tokenize `varlist'
local varname1 `1'
local varname2 `2'

I was just curious why -syntax' isn't smart enough not to be confused about the option commas not being separating by white space. The code below is not smart enough.

syntax varlist(min=2 max=2 numeric) [if] [in] [, noconstant]
// tokenize `varlist'
local varname1 `1'
local varname2 `2'

Incidentally, this is related to exercises in one of the Stata courses. Since I got this to work, and Stata instructors don't work weekends, I'm posting here. So I hope this is not classified as posting homework! :)

-Dave