st: complex generating criteria

From   monk <>
To   <>
Subject   st: complex generating criteria
Date   Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:01:38 +0100

Dear all,
I'm working on a dataset that has recorded the drug treatment and their response for a number of patients over one year.

however to assign them one of 3 "improved responses" there is a standard definition.
That is a improvement of 30% (a percentage increase) in 3 of any 6 clinical variables and a decrease in no more than 1. this gives them a  criteria of "acr30".

In addition to this, I also wish to create improvement of 50% and 70%, and combine them into one categorical variable.

I was wondering what the best way of doing this would be?