st: Weighted daily mean

From   "Beatrice Crozza" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Weighted daily mean
Date   Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:06:14 +0100

Dear all,

maybe again a simple question, but I tried to read the help and I
didn't find a solution.

I have calculated a daily mean for my variable trade, typing:

egen trademean=mean(trade), by(date)

now I want to calculate the total mean, so I typed:

egne trademeantot=mean(trademean)

but I don't think that the result is correct.

Do you have any idea of how to calculate a mean, taking into account
the daily mean?

Thank you very much

Best,
Bea