st: RE: Use foreach or forvalues to create the long form data

Subject   st: RE: Use foreach or forvalues to create the long form data
Date   Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:23:30 +0200

- h egen,seq()-

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Supnithadnaporn, Anupit
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:12 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Use foreach or forvalues to create the long form data

Dear all,

Would you please suggest me how to create data in the long form
by *not* using reshape? I would like to avoid reshape because reshape
takes very very long time. In fact, the final & total number of records
that I have to create would be around 12,000,000.

I think foreach and forvalues can do this work.
But, I am a novice in Stata programming and could not figure out so far.

In the beginning, I have only Obsid which is created by

gen Obsid = _n

The desired data would look like this:

Obsid   Vid     Imp
1       1       1