st: export and use of queried data table

From   "Rinaldi, Todd A (DFG)" <>
Subject   st: export and use of queried data table
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:42:10 -0800

New to STATA  (Intercooled 9) and I am working with a huge ecological dataset. My question for the community is where do I find the results table from a query . For instance I ran the following command:

by animal_id month, sort: tabulate on_trails and I would like to generate graphs and continue to work with these data set. Is this a read only data set? Am I only able to view results in the viewer and export to textpad or word? I thought this would a basic command common to all stats packages?

Thanks for your time,

Todd A. Rinaldi

Wildlife Biologist

Alaska Department of Fish & Game