Re: st: Merging obervations of two variables

From   "Domenico Flotta" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Merging obervations of two variables
Date   Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:49:41 +0200

Basically, there are some syntax issues to be addressed. You can reach
your objective by using one of the two following command:
gen time1 = time if code == 1 | code == 2
(pay attention to "|" character)

or you can use a two-step command:
gen time1 = time if code == 1
replace time1 = time if code == 2