st: weights panel-survey data

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: weights panel-survey data
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:21:43 -0400

Dear all
I am estimating a 3 year panel (random effect) using survey data. To get correct estimates I should use sampling weights, but the command xtreg, re does not allow me to use weights...I can use xtreg with the option mle, which allow me to use analytic weights. But stata requires weights to be constant within panels. Is it correct to use the weights of the last year, and assume they are constant within panel?
Or should I simply ignore weights?
I really appreciate your help,
Manuela