RE: st: asprvalue? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: asprvalue? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:59:59 +0100

Further to Arne's excellent points, note that the original posting did
not follow advice and indicate exactly what Yong typed. My guess,
agreeing with Martin Weiss, is that Yong just used an ambiguous
abbreviation. However, that's moot given the situation with -mixlogit-.

Arne Risa Hole

You have to use -mixlpred- to obtain predicted probabilities after
-mixlogit- as explained in the help-file. It doesn't work with
-asprvalue-. By the way it is helpful if you let people know when you
are asking questions about modules that are not part of official
Stata: -mixlogit- is downloadable from SSC and -asprvalue- is part of
J. Scott Long's SPost package
<http://www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/spost.htm>.

Arne (author of -mixlogit-)