R: st: a possible - foreach - question?

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: a possible - foreach - question?
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:18:06 +0200

Dear Austin,
many thanks for your helpful hints. I have just modified your syntax (too
advanced for me) in order to approach my ultimate goal, that is calculating,
for each one of the 10,000 iterations, how many times ICER_round*Delta_Q was
> Delta_C (please, see below). I was not absolutely clear on this point in
my previous messages as it was a subsequent thought of mine.
Once again I would like to express my grateful thankfulness  to Austin, Ben,
Johannes, and Martin (in alphabetical order) for their support and for
having increased my poor skills about Stata programming. This experience
makes me think that the famous Bayesian saying "today's posterior will be
tomorrow's prior" applies very well when it comes to knowledge improvement
that can be obtained from more experienced Statalisters.

Thanks a lot again and Kind Regards,
Carlo

g double d=.
(10000 missing values generated)

. edit
- preserve

. qui forv i=1/`=_N' {
.  if  ICER[`i']<. {
. g double tmp=  ICER_round[`i']* Delta_Q> Delta_C
.   su tmp, meanonly
. replace d=r(mean) in `i'
.   drop tmp
.   }