st: R: RE: how to work around -levelsof- limits with Stata 9.2/SE?

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: RE: how to work around -levelsof- limits with Stata 9.2/SE?
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:37:58 +0200

Dear Martin,
thanks a lot again for your further kind reply.

Unfortunately, my "a" values are not regularly spaced, since they are the
results of a Monte Carlo simulation.

Thanks a lot again and Kind Regards,

Carlo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Martin Weiss
Inviato: martedì 14 ottobre 2008 13.25
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: RE: how to work around -levelsof- limits with Stata 9.2/SE?

"levelsof may hit the limits imposed by your Stata.  However, it is
typically used when the number of distinct values of varname is modest."
(from -h levelsof-). I should have anticipated this problem. Are the levels
of your "a" in any way regularly spaced (to enable application of
-forvalues-)?

HTH
Martin