st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Curious missing scalar after regress postestimation

From   "Patrick P. Phillips" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Curious missing scalar after regress postestimation
Date   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:27:39 +0100

Thank you! You are entirely correct that I have a variable name which is similar. Thanks for your help,

Patrick Phillips
MRC Clinical Trials Unit
222 Euston Road
London NW1 2DA

Tel: 0207 670 4637
Fax: 0207 670 4829
From: [] On Behalf Of Martin Weiss []
Sent: 14 October 2008 13:18
Subject: st: RE: RE: RE: Curious missing scalar after regress postestimation

Are you sure you have heeded the advice in
I.e. that variables and -scalar-s share the same namespace and the default
assumption is that an abbreviation points to a variable and not the

*   For searches and help try:

Due to a severe system failure that occurred early Monday 22nd September 2008 we have been unable to recover externally received e-mails due to having to perform a system restore.

Please could you resend any e-mails sent between Monday 3:00am and Wednesday 12:00 noon BST (GMT +1 hour)

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

MRC Euston Campus ICT Service Desk
This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely for the named recipient(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute, take any action or reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error, do not open any attachments but please notify the MRC Euston Campus ICT Service Desk by e-mailing quoting the sender details, and then delete this message along with any attached files. E-mail messages are not secure and attachments could contain software viruses which may damage your computer system. Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to minimise this risk, The MRC cannot accept any liability for any damage sustained as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those of the!
  e-mail author and not of the Medical Research Council (MRC).