Re: st: regression: fade rate residual income

From   Michael Hanson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: regression: fade rate residual income
Date   Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:39:43 -0400

What is the resulting text that Stata displays after you -tsset- your data? Based on the minimal amount of information provided, I would guess that Stata thinks you have annual data (as that appears to be what you told it), but you want a bi-annual difference (as you state: "over every two consecutive years"). As Nick pointed out, what you want and what you told Stata to do may not coincide; hence your "unexpected" results. But you are going to need to at least show the results of your commands, and explain why they are "not expected", before you are likely to get any better suggestions from the list. See also sections 3.1 to 3.3 of <http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/ res/statalist.html>.

HTH,
Mike