Re: st: Imbalance in control versus treated group, and weights

Subject   Re: st: Imbalance in control versus treated group, and weights
Date   Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:16:24 -0400

Note that there are references in the help for -rd- (ssc inst rd,
replace) which mention specific examples and details on assumptions.
According to your first post, you have a dummy that increased
Pr(treatment), not a discontinuous jump in Pr(treatment) at some
cutoff in a continuous var, so no RD seems possible, and you expect
your dummy to have a direct impact on outcomes as well, so no
Instrumental Variables either.  It's unclear whether a
matching/reweighting approach would work for you.