st: RE: if not iffing in ado

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: if not iffing in ado
Date   Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:02:17 +0100

Others have given good answers to this and exposed my authorship of
-swapval-, which goes back to 1999.

Nine years further on, I am more conscious of the need that many people
have for totally explicit logs of changes to datasets. -swapval- does
not violate that in so far the code itself defines precisely what is
done but anyone using -swapval- for a serious purpose might be better
off with more pedestrian records of what has been changed and why, even
down to the level of observation-by-observation changes.

Paul O'Brien

i have a small program to temporarily swap variables using swapval.