Re: st: RE: Nonparametric test

From   nigussie Tefera <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Nonparametric test
Date   Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:32:31 -0700 (PDT)

Many thanks!

My data looks like eactly what you stated but country x has high, middle and low income groups (individuals) and the same is applied for country y, z and w. Now, I want to test, whether there is statistically significant difference among high income groups across countries. The same is also true for mindle and low income groups. In short: the null hypothesis is no difference among countries  for low, middle and high income groups (I need separate test for each income groups)

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Cox <>
Sent: Monday, October 6, 2008 7:18:49 PM
Subject: st: RE: Nonparametric test

These are your variables, but what is your data structure?

Do your data look like this?

Country  Income group
x            1
y            2
z            2
w            3

Or do you have replicates (e.g. areas, individuals) within each country?

And what hypothesis are you testing?

nigussie Tefera

I have two categorical variables: namely incomecat (1=high,2=middle and 3=low income) and country ( labeled as (x, y, z, w)). Suppose that each country has high, middle and low income group. If I want to run paired test for each income group across countries, what stata command  should I use?

*  For searches and help try: