st: survival analysis: an elementary question

From   Michael McCulloch <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: survival analysis: an elementary question
Date   Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:01:50 -0700

Is it theoretically possible for the 95% confidence interval about the hazard ratio to include 0, such that the lower bound is a negative number? I've encountered into this with a program I've written (too long to post here, and I don't want to bother anyone), but I'm certain I've done something incorrectly. Might someone have a moment to clarify this question?

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine St., San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
Tel: (415) 407-1357
Fax: (415) 485-1065
* For searches and help try: