RE: st: overlapping survival KM graphs

From   Allen Buxton <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: overlapping survival KM graphs
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:16:11 -0700

I had a, perhaps, similar problem recently - so here is a program that takes two stset commands to combine two curves one for say overall survival and one for event-free-survival. The idea is to create a bogus dataset so that the two types of survival curve become identified by a variable for 'sts graph,by()' as in the last two lines of the program 'cmbplottask0'. This requires three stset commands.

Is there an easier way to do this?

******{{{ BOGUS combine to single plot EFS and OS curves **********************
capture program drop cmbplottask0
program define cmbplottask0
preserve
tempfile junk1 junk2 junk3 junk4
****prep for first curve***
stset event_d , failure(event_i==1) scale(365.25)
gen byte type=1
outsheet type _t _d using `junk1' if _st,comma
drop type
****prep for second curve***
stset event_d , failure(event_i==1/3) scale(365.25)
gen byte type=2
outsheet type _t _d using `junk2' if _st,comma
drop type
insheet using `junk1',clear
save `junk3',replace
insheet using `junk2',clear